How to join?

Topics: Project Management Forum
Developer
Jul 9, 2007 at 9:54 AM
I would like to join to the project. How can I contact with you, raxxla?
Coordinator
Jul 10, 2007 at 6:24 PM

ihar3d wrote:
I would like to join to the project. How can I contact with you, raxxla?

It depends on your skills. The engine itself is not opensource anymore. But a free Non-commercial license will be avaliable soon.
Coordinator
Jul 23, 2007 at 11:19 PM
We have changed the primary licence. Now it is GNU (GPL) v2. So any help are welcome. just drop me a message.
Aug 20, 2007 at 2:45 PM
I would like to join the DBM project.

What are your plans for the DBM? What do you hope to accomplish? Are there any design documents available?
Coordinator
Aug 20, 2007 at 6:15 PM
ok. you are team member now.

We believe that XNA is very handy by itself and it has high level API.
our primary target for DBM is creating a 3D engine on top of XNA API. and we want it to be as more usable as it possible.
so the main feature will be usability and other features (flexibility, performance and so on) are on the second place.

at this moment we are working without any design document.
it is hard to have some kind of long running plans when you are able to work only 2 hours per day.

once we are getting any free time we are creating some items in issue tracker and assigning them to someone from our team.

if you have any idea how to improve the engine please let me know. i will put it to the tracker.
if you don`t - i will create few tasks for you. just let me know what you can do or what you want to do...
Aug 20, 2007 at 6:37 PM
Edited Aug 20, 2007 at 6:39 PM
Excellent, Thanks.

oK, I define game engine usability as the following:
-Graphics pipeline
-User Input
-Networking
-Sound

Let me get the Teamprise client and go through the code a couple of times to get used to what we have. I'll probably end up documenting a good part of the code to help me understand it better.

I think that DBM has great potential. The only remote competition that I have come across is Blade3D and Visual.net. But from what i can see, they only provide scene managers anyway.

Chris
Coordinator
Aug 20, 2007 at 7:27 PM

fixitchris wrote:
Excellent, Thanks.

oK, I define game engine usability as the following:
-Graphics pipeline
-User Input
-Networking
-Sound

and Content pipeline too i think. we do not want to use it from MS sience it will need for the user to have VS express installed.
MS Content pipeline can be used from VS express only. this is not very handy.
we are going to create our own Content pipeline which can be used at runtime.

I think that DBM has great potential. The only remote competition that I have come across is Blade3D and Visual.net. But from what i can see, they only provide scene managers anyway.

Chris

yes. their engines are builded for their visual editors. it is hard to use their engines without their editors.

Aug 20, 2007 at 7:54 PM
Edited Aug 20, 2007 at 8:15 PM
http://blogs.msdn.com/xna/archive/2007/08/13/announcing-xna-game-studio-2-0.aspx

XNA Game Studio 2.0 works in all versions of Visual Studio 2005.